Monday, September 12, 2011

NYFW - Day 1


Hello Lovies!
With New York Fashion Week already underway and as Fashion Night's Out around the world just finished, I wanted to share with you my NYFW experience! I was fortunate enough to win 2 tickets to The Academy of Art University's Fall Fashion Show which occurred in February. I was ecstatic when I found out that I had won and immediately began planning the trip. I decided to take my younger sister with me to enjoy this amazing experience. After much research on hotels and finding cheap tickets, the trip was booked! Thank god the show was on a Friday and I didn't have to miss class for it.. New York is an Amazing city so a trip there is never a disappointment. We decided to stay in a hotel in Manhattan so that way we are close to the Lincoln Center and all the NYFW festivities! Since this was in February we had to pack all our winter coats to make sure we stayed nice and warm throughout the events. Our experience included seeing some famous people, sightseeing and getting some goodies! The trip consisted of 2 fun-filled days, below are some pics from just Day 1 of  our trip :)
    
We started the morning of the first day getting familiar with the area and actually figuring out which train to take to get the lincoln center :p After arriving we walked around and took some pics.

We then headed to Soho to meet a friend of mine who was going to give us a mini tour of the area. Soho is so cute with so many shops, cafe's and restaurants. We got to see Dash NYC! and obviously had to take some pics inside :)
We also got some miniature cupcakes they were so YUMMY! the flavors we got were Smores, Oreo, and Red Velvet.
Washington Square Park

Stay tuned for the Fashion Show post coming tomorrow! 
With Love, Reem

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...