Monday, January 30, 2012

First Day of Fashion School! =D


Hello Luvies,

Ok so I haven't had any time to do anything so I'm going to combine 2 posts in one post here it goes..

Aaaaah I'm in New York, The Big City! Can't believe I'm finally here, not just here but actually living here, I LOVE IT! Living in the city feels so good lol walking everywhere, seeing new places and all the lights and busy streets, it really is the city that never sleeps :p

Moving here and moving in was really hectic hence why I haven't had any time to post about it, I've been buying necessities, buying school supplies, unpacking, organizing my new place, it really is a lot of things to do. Anywho after a week of moving in and orientation and meeting new people and a little bit of exploring, the day that I have been waiting 6 months for was finally here. THE FIRST DAY OF FASHION SCHOOL! =D

My first day was AMAZING! I had 2 classes and both teachers were so nice and helpful, I could tell that I'm really going to enjoy the classes. I think I'm going to enjoy all the classes, why wouldn't I they're fashion classes, I mean seriously it doesn't get any better than this. For my first project in one of the classes I get to design a swimwear collection, how cool is that? Aaaah I'm so excited I already have thoughts and ideas of what I wanna do! :)

Had to create a pattern of a sleeve for one of my classes
Ok my school is amazing! Walking down the hallways there are dresses and gowns and lingerie and children's clothing and sketches designed by students all displayed in different hallways around the school. Just walking around and being surrounded with these things makes it soo fashion school. And our library has one of THE LARGEST FASHION COLLECTION in the country, I'm not just talking books, but magazines. Vogue, Harpers Bazaar from the 1930's! That's Crazy! Ive seen them with my own eyes and I was just amazed at the things they have in this library. They have fashion forecasts from different designers. The designers donate them to the school. Since they are fashion forecasts you can't really check them out or scan, or copy them. You can just look at them in a small little area and return them when you are done. They have fashion forecasts for 2013 already! 2012 just started aaah I'm def going to take a look at those :p The library also has garments from different designers that either the school bought or that have been donated and you can actually go look at these garments, they also have garments from the 1950's till now MIND BLOWING def gonna go take a look at a few of those as well.

Seriously I think I'm going to be spending a lot of time at this fashion library it's like heaven for fashionistas. The students in this cool just WOW I feel like I'm at a fashion event, everyone is just fashionably dressed with soo many different styles and looks, I'm def going to do a post with a few pics of they're outfits :p

As far as my schedule, it's pretty full cuz I'm taking 7 classes :/ So we'll see how well I can manage blogging and school, I really wanna update you with my NYC adventures so I'll try as much as I can.

Below I've posted a few pics of what I have been up to so far, take a look!

Walking down 5th Avenue


First Shopping bought some boots and Victorias Secret :)
School Supplies, I think it's funny how my school supplies are thread, needles and fabric instead of books :p
Guess I'm in the right place then :p
Bought a baking pan for yummy cookies!! =D


And that pretty much sums up my first week living in NYC!
With Love, Reem

1 comment:

What I Like said...

fashion school is fun! best of luck :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...